What is Facebook Profile Conversion?
This is the process of converting a Facebook Profile into a Facebook Page. By creating a Page, you can use more tools and share with a wider audience. Converting your profile to a Page creates a new Facebook Page that’s based on your profile. A profile can only be converted to a page once unless that converted page is deleted.
What Happens When You Convert Your Facebook Profile to a Page?
Upcoming Artist, Entertainers, Celebrities, brands etc of organizations make use of Facebook profile instead of a Facebook Page to interact with their fans, followers, clients, and prospective customers. Be that as it may, this is definitely not a smart thought.
Facebook profiles have more restrictions than Facebook Pages. Along these lines, on the off chance, if you haven’t converted or upgrade your profile, it’s an ideal opportunity to switch over your Facebook profile into a Page.
Be that as it may, what happens when you do make the switch? What additional features do you get? What befalls your followers and friends list, photographs, and information? This article clarifies everything.
- You’ll have both a profile and a Page after conversion.
- We’ll transfer your profile picture and cover photo to the Page, and the name on your profile will become the Page’s name.
- You can select from your friends, followers and pending friend requests and add them as your new Page’s followers. See more information in the section below.
- You can choose which photos and videos to copy over from your profile, but keep in mind that views and other metrics remain with your profile and can’t transfer to the Page.
- If you’re converting a verified profile, please note that your verified badge will be removed from your profile, and you’ll need to re-submit your new Page for verification.
- You can preview all changes before publishing your new Page.
- When you’ve finished setting up your new Page, we’ll ask you to check your privacy settings on your profile to make sure you’re sharing what you want to share.
What Happens to My Friends, Followers and Pending Friend Requests When I Convert to a Page? Once your new Page is published:
- Your profile’s followers, friends and friend requests will get notified that you’ve created a new Page.
- The profile followers you choose will automatically follow the new Page and will be removed from following your profile.
- Friends and pending friend requests you select will automatically like and follow the new Page, and won’t be removed from your profile.
Reason Why a Facebook Profile Is NOT GOOD for Businesses or Brands
Some time ago, numerous individuals—particularly celebrities, artists, consultants, entrepreneurs, businesses and brands—began to advance their business by means of their Facebook profile.
This was completely reasonable. At first, Facebook didn’t offer business pages, however, the entrepreneurs, celebrities were quick to use their ever-developing online networking systems.
Today, in any case, utilizing a profile rather than a Page is faced with many potential issues—and that is before you consider the additional features that a Facebook Page offers.
Comparison Between Facebook Profile and Facebook Page
Things being what they are, what additional highlights would you be able to exploit on the off chance that you choose to utilize a Facebook Page as opposed to a Facebook profile? Below are what makes the difference;
For brands, businesses or Public Figures, the most remarkable new tool that is accessible after you convert a Facebook profile to a Page is access to the Page Insights dashboard.
This lets you perceive what number of actions were made on your page, the number of visitors to your page, the number of new likes, your post reach, your story reach, your post engagement, your video engagement, your follower’s demographics, and more. All these are essential to the growth of your page.
Facebook profiles are restricted to a limit of 5,000 friends. In the event that you hit that limit, you can’t add anyone to your friends’ list except you remove anyone on your list to add another. For personal users, 5,000 Friends is more than enough. For business purposes, it’s totally sensible that you should surpass the 5,000 friends limitation. Convert a profile to bypass the limit.
Facebook Pages can be loved by different Pages; profiles can’t be liked by other pages. Permitting different brands and business to like your page is an extraordinary method to develop your business’s validity, reputation, and influence.
If you happen to convert your Facebook profile to a page, additionally, you will have many extra publishing instruments to make use of. For instance, you possibly can add branded content material, handle leads, create store listings, handle your videos and sound collection with extra management, create expiring posts, and extra in addition to.
A number of Pages
If you happen to be a freelancer (or are self-employed) and thus put on many alternative “hats” in your skilled life, Pages are extra acceptable. Keep in mind, as per Facebook’s terms, you possibly can solely have one profile tied to your real-life identification. There isn’t a restriction on the variety of Pages you possibly can create and link to your profile
Facbook Page Administration
Just one particular person can handle a Facebook profile. And, in the event, you don’t wish to be in breach of the terms, that particular person must be the profile’s rightful owner. For small and medium-sized companies with a robust social media plan, that poses an issue. Facebook Pages, enable more than one manager.
What Occurs to Your Previous Facebook Profile?
OK, so now you perceive why you need to convert a profile to a page, and we’ve launched you to a few of the advantages.
The very last thing we have to speak about, subsequently, is what occurs to all the knowledge that’s related to your outdated profile while you make the conversion.
Right here’s the important thing data you must find out about:
- After the conversion, you’ll have each a Facebook profile and a brand new Facebook page.
- Your profile photograph, cover photo, and profile name will carry over to the brand new page. You possibly can design a new Facebook cover photo, if you want.
- It’s also possible to routinely convert your friends, followers, and pending friend requests into followers of your new page (if you wish to). Friends will stay related to your profile; individuals who solely follow you’ll not follow your profile.
- You possibly can transfer your pictures and videos over, however, the metrics won’t carry over.
- When you have a verified account, you’ll lose the badge out of your profile. It won’t carry over to the brand new page.
Now that you know what is it to convert a Facebook profile to a page, I know the question running through your mind now is can I do this on my own? You can actually do that yourself! But in most cases, 80% of people who do it themselves don’t receive more than 100-200 friends out of the friend list they have.
Reason Why? Is that Facebook Profile Conversion is a process that involves a programmed algorithm that in most case people don’t know, that when the conversion is done only a few of the friend list dropped or are added to the new page.
So how can I do this with 90% of Friend list dropping to my new page? At TakeCiti we are in service to help you with this service. Kindly book the service by clicking the link below;